We’re looking for smart, passionate and hardworking people who want to be part of a growing media company to keep our brands the leaders they are.
- Advertising Sales Representative (Marketing Strategist)
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Sales Manager
10 Missions Media is seeking a full-time marketing strategist (advertising sales representative) to consult with customers about growing their business by advertising with our award-winning and progressive B2B automotive industry media brands - which together reach 140,000+ businesses across the United States each month.
Ideal candidates are ambitious, self-motivated, confident and are very comfortable making phone calls and presenting the wide array of products we have to offer. Complete training is provided in our St Paul office.
Advertising sales/telesales experience is preferred, but more important than experience is the willingness to learn and a great attitude. Candidate must be outgoing, have a positive attitude and the ability to work as a team member.Responsibilities and Duties
- Sales: Prospecting, cold calling and presenting the 10 Missions Media suite of products on a daily basis. Develop relationships with new and existing advertisers, promote 10 Missions Media brands, close sales.
- Account Management: Servicing and maintaining existing clients through building rapport over the phone, email, handwritten cards, etc.
- Administration & Reporting: Diligently update all activity with prospects and customers each day in the company CRM system. Provide management with all required reporting and forecasting. Participate in weekly sales meetings and one-on-one manager meetings.
- Production Support: Provide interface between advertising customer and 10 Missions Media sales service/support team and art department to ensure timely receipt of customer advertising materials, customer approval of advertisements, and other related support required to meet each publication print deadlines.
- No travel necessary.
- Base salary, commission (uncapped and recurring) and bonus plan (top performers earn 75k+/year)
- Employer sponsored benefits plan
- Paid time off package
- 401k (w/company match) after first year of employment
- Great work environment and culture
Send a cover letter and resume (email to email@example.com).
- Graphic Design Internship
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Art Director
10 Missions Media is an established media company that is committed to cultivating an environment of excellence and emphasizing personal development as a vital factor in our continued success. We are seeking an energetic graphic design student to join our team as an intern, supporting our award-winning magazines, FenderBender and Ratchet+Wrench, both in print and digitally. This is a youthful, fast-paced and exciting company with high expectations. A persistent drive and positive attitude are a must! We work hard and play hard, so if you're ready to get to work, have some fun and learn a few things along the way, this would be a great opportunity for you.
Located in the Hamline Midway area of St. Paul, our modern, open workplace is conveniently located on bus lines and near the Green Line.
This is a part-time internship designed to allow students the flexibility to work while attending school, and gain real-world experience in the field of graphic design in the process. *This internship can be applied toward course credit should your institution allow it. If this is the case, a clear understanding of expectations from both parties should be established prior to employment and documentation shall be provided to 10 Missions Media concerning the details.
This is an internship position working directly with the design department, reporting to the Art Director. Overall work responsibilities include mainly print, but some digital, advertising and proposal design for a range of clients who advertise in our publications. Other duties/tasks may be assigned as needed.
First and foremost you must be detail oriented. If not, please don't apply.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- An aptitude for detail with good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of typography, design hierarchy, color theory and composition
- Conceptual thinker
- Take direction and adjust easily
- Strong work ethic
- A willingness to learn
- Resourceful and proactive
- Students working towards a degree in graphic design
- HTML and Wordpress knowledge a big plus!
- Gain credit for school
- Apply your creative skills to professional projects
- Opportunity to learn business practices
- Guidance, mentorship, and feedback from established professionals
- Chance to work on a variety of projects
- Portfolio and resume review and feedback
- Opportunities to get involved with the organization and industry
- Flexible schedule
This is an unpaid, up to 20/hr a week internship, structured for current students looking to gain course credit towards a graphic design degree. The internship will have three “openings” available year-round. The Spring Internship will run from January through May 2017; The Summer Internship from May through August; and The Fall Internship September through December.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and at least three examples of your work, or link to an online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Graphic Design Intern" as the subject line. Please also indicate which opening you are applying for: Spring, Summer or Fall. No phone calls please. EOE
- Editorial Internship Program
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Managing Editor
10 Missions Media is a youthful, fast-paced and quickly growing print and digital media company, producing established, industry-leading national business publications (FenderBender, Ratchet+Wrench, and FIXED), as well as live events. Located in the Hamline Midway neighborhood of St. Paul, our modern workspace (located on public bus routes and near the Green Line) encourages collaboration and personal development among our tight-knit team.
We are looking for a talented and motivated intern to join our award-winning editorial team. The intern will learn how to develop story concepts; cultivate and build relationships with sources; write clean, concise copy on deadline; and work in a fast-paced newsroom with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. The intern will take part in staff meetings and play a key role in day-to-day magazine production and online news generation, as well as the the company’s extensive social media efforts.
This internship provides hands-on, real-world journalism experience working for publications that serve a vast national audience. The position is unpaid, and for course credit only.
- Ideal candidate is seeking a degree in journalism, English, business or related field.
- Writing experience from previous internships or school publications is preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ideal candidate has experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three of your most impressive clips to editorial director Anna Zeck at email@example.com.
- Media Sales Executive
LOCATION St. Paul, MN
We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our progressive media company as a Media Sales Executive
10 Missions Media is a fast-paced and growing media company, producing established, industry-leading national business publications (FenderBender, Ratchet+Wrench, FIXED and National Oil and Lube News), as well as live events, podcasts, webinars and more. Located in the Hamline Midway neighborhood of St. Paul, our modern workspace (located on public bus routes and near the Green Line) encourages collaboration and personal development among our tight-knit team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In this position, you’ll help service current customers and develop new ones for our award-winning and progressive B2B auto industry publications – which together reach 200,000 automotive industry professionals in the U.S. each month. In particular, the chosen candidate will have the opportunity to work with major key accounts such as 3M, Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, BASF, Chevron, NAPA, O’Reilly Auto Parts, PPG, Shell, Sherwin-Williams and vehicle manufacturers such as BMW, General Motors, FCA, Ford Motor Company, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan, Toyota, and more.
The position is results-driven and we reward our top performers.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner
- Work with Publisher and other key stakeholders to develop marketing strategies
- Execute on marketing strategies to produce revenue growth
- Proactively work to maintain customer confidence/expectations
- Accurately measure and report revenue results and information
- Build and maintain client/agency relationships through meetings, events and client entertainment
- Become an expert in 10 Missions Media's media assets
- Identify opportunity for new sales prospects
- Report, forecast and meet/exceed revenue goals
- Travel as required
- Additional duties as assigned
- Great attitude
- Ambitious, energetic and passionate about sales and helping customers
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent professional license preferred, but not required
- 3+ years of experience in a related field preferred, but not required
- Strong desire to ‘win’ and grow company revenues as well as personal earnings
- Analytical and strategic thinker paired with ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- A self-starter who can thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships with others internally and externally
- Proficient in the use of Gmail suite of products; experience with CRM systems is a plus
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and be solution oriented
- Must be local (Twin Cities area)
10 Missions Media has grown into one of the larger media companies in the Twin Cities where we produce award-winning publications, digital products and live events.
Completed in 2015, our open office environment has been featured in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal, and is located near the METRO Green Line and the new Allianz Field for the Minnesota United FC.
10 Missions Media offers competitive salary and benefits packages.
Please read carefully. We will only consider applicants who provide all of this info. Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Chris Messer, VP & Publisher, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: salary requirements MUST be sent for consideration.
Don’t see a position that fits you, but still want to contribute? Drop us a line at email@example.com.