We’re looking for smart, passionate and hardworking people who want to be part of a growing media company to keep our brands the leaders they are.
- Advertising Sales Representative (Marketing Strategist)
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Sales Manager
10 Missions Media is a growing publishing company located in St Paul. Our attractive and contemporary offices are conveniently located on University Avenue near Hwy 280 (parking is free).
We are currently seeking Advertising Sales Representatives to represent our award-winning B2B magazines, FenderBender and Ratchet+Wrench. Together the titles reach 140,000 businesses in the U.S. each month, and have proven to be the best in the industry.
Advertising Sales Representatives are compensated with a base salary (DOQ), commission, and an aggressive bonus plan. To be successful in the position you must have a positive attitude and personality, and be exceptionally persuasive and persistent. We are a results driven business, and the rewards can be huge for top performers.
- Develop an understanding of the aspirations and competitive advantages of 10 Missions Media's superior products and advertising programs
- Develop new clients
- In coordination with management you will identify, develop and close sales opportunities
- Background in sales/telesales a plus
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of proper telephone etiquette and customer service
- Attention to detail
- Computer proficiency
- Passion for sales and a strong work ethic
$24,000 - $32,000 annual salary + commission
To apply, show off your sales skills in a cover letter and resume that includes your salary history and requirements (email to email@example.com). Local candidates only. Applicants that do not provide salary history and requirements will not be seriously considered for the position.
- Editorial Internship
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Editorial Director
St. Paul–based 10 Missions Media is looking for a smart, talented, motivated intern to join its fast-growing editorial team producing two award-winning, national publications serving the automotive repair and service industry. Ratchet+Wrench and FenderBender are not car magazines; they are business publications focused on helping owners and operators of automotive aftermarket businesses save money, make money and work smarter.
As part of the editorial team, the intern will learn how to develop story concepts; cultivate and build relationships with sources; write clean, concise copy on deadline; and work in a fast-paced newsroom with daily, weekly and monthly deadlines. The intern will take part in staff meetings and play a key role in day-to-day magazine production and online news generation, as well as the the company’s extensive social media efforts.
This internship provides hands-on, real-world journalism experience working for publications that serve a vast national audience. The position is unpaid, and for course credit only.
- Ideal candidate has or is seeking a degree in journalism, English, business or related field.
- Writing experience from previous internships or school publications is preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ideal candidate has experience with a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+.
Please send a cover letter, resume and three of your most impressive clips to associate editor Bryce Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Graphic Design Internship
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Art Director
10 Missions Media is an established media company that is committed to cultivating an environment of excellence and emphasizing personal development as a vital factor in our continued success. We are seeking an energetic graphic design student to join our team as an intern, supporting our award-winning magazines, FenderBender and Ratchet+Wrench, both in print and digitally. This is a youthful, fast-paced and exciting company with high expectations. A persistent drive and positive attitude are a must! We work hard and play hard, so if you're ready to get to work, have some fun and learn a few things along the way, this would be a great opportunity for you.
Located in the Hamline Midway area of St. Paul, our modern, open workplace is conveniently located on bus lines and near the Green Line.
This is a part-time internship designed to allow students the flexibility to work while attending school, and gain real-world experience in the field of graphic design in the process. *This internship can be applied toward course credit should your institution allow it. If this is the case, a clear understanding of expectations from both parties should be established prior to employment and documentation shall be provided to 10 Missions Media concerning the details.
This is an internship position working directly with the design department, reporting to the Art Director. Overall work responsibilities include mainly print, but some digital, advertising and proposal design for a range of clients who advertise in our publications. Other duties/tasks may be assigned as needed.
First and foremost you must be detail oriented. If not, please don't apply.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign
- An aptitude for detail with good analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of typography, design hierarchy, color theory and composition
- Conceptual thinker
- Take direction and adjust easily
- Strong work ethic
- A willingness to learn
- Resourceful and proactive
- Students working towards a degree in graphic design
- HTML and Wordpress knowledge a big plus!
- Gain credit for school
- Apply your creative skills to professional projects
- Opportunity to learn business practices
- Guidance, mentorship, and feedback from established professionals
- Chance to work on a variety of projects
- Portfolio and resume review and feedback
- Opportunities to get involved with the organization and industry
- Flexible schedule
This is an unpaid, up to 20/hr a week internship, structured for current students looking to gain course credit towards a graphic design degree. The internship will have three “openings” available year-round. The Spring Internship will run from January through May 2017; The Summer Internship from May through August; and The Fall Internship September through December.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and at least three examples of your work, or link to an online portfolio to email@example.com with "Graphic Design Intern" as the subject line. Please also indicate which opening you are applying for: Spring, Summer or Fall. No phone calls please. EOE
Don’t see a position that fits you, but still want to contribute? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.